It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do you add a table of contents of your knowledge base to the side bar of JIRA Service Desk?

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Serving customers with a knowledge base

We're investigating JIRA Service Desk and would like to provide users with a organized table of contents that can lead them through the connected knowledge base as opposed to forcing them to search for every article we provide. This way we can present the most relevant articles that are used most often to the left of the search interface and still enable people to search for particular articles that will be of help to them.

4 answers

@Devon Bleibtrey made a good question... I would like to know the answer too.

Anyone, please?

We are looking for exactly the same functionality.  It is incredibly limiting to not be able to provide a document hierarchy for customers (e.g. Troubleshooting docs, release notes, configuration guides, etc.).  

Can anyone from Atlassian respond to this?

I am not totally sure, but for what I have seen maybe the add-on Refined Theme for Jira Service Desk can help you with this.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1216711/refined-theme-for-jira-service-desk?hosting=server&tab=overview

Anyone from RedefineWiki, maybe can help you.

Hi,

I am also looking to do this. I note that we are able to add them to pages, but they just won't display on the Knowledge Base. It would be great if all of the formatting options offered within Confluence could be extended to the KB articles. 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Jira

The add-in you’ve been waiting for: Jira Cloud for Excel 🙌

Introducing Jira Cloud for Excel Here at the product integrations team at Atlassian, we are thrilled to announce the new Jira Cloud for Excel add-in! This add-in lets you export Jira data directly ...

880 views 7 24
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you