How do we trigger Jira re-indexing on windows server? Edited

We want to re-index our Jira server every night. I found the following guide, but it is only for linux: Guideline for Linux

Is it possible to somehow apply this to a windows server? 

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Can I ask you, why are we doing this? Ideally we shouldn't be doing this as indexes are updated automatically when issues are updated and when configuration changes are done, it is a concious decision to reindex.

I'm with Renjith on this.

A requirement for "regular reindexing" is almost always masking a significant problem that you should be fixing.

It's "plastering over the cracks" instead of "fixing the subsidence of the house"

Automatic reindexing has been disabled, as the server becomes very slow when it is running. 

Every time a project is changed, it requires a reindexing. 

That's a pretty big structural problem.

Turning off indexing is the worst thing you could possibly have done.

You need to look into the performance issues, not render your systems useless by turning off bits of them.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

148 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you