Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do we get an expanded Quick Filters view like before the redesign?

Capture.PNG

On our board, the new JIRA redesign has quick filters in a drop down, which means it's much more awkward to switch between them then before, when it was in a row. Is there a faster workflow we can use here?

4 answers

Now the new UI appears to be the default.  Quick Filters in the new UI need to have an option to display in expanded view again.  Is there a way to get it back again now that we can not go back to the old UI?  The pull down view is especially annoying because once you click a person, the name moves up to the top of the list.  During a scrum session you have to find your place again each time to go person to person.  For use in a standup the old expanded view is much more user friendly.  

Is really the only way to expand them to fully revert the UI? Quick filters are so often used during the day that this will be reason enough to do so, but I'm hoping a new option on each quick filter can be added to selected "Group" (on / off) on each of them!

The dropdown is a great feature in addition to the old quick filters, but it's a horrible replacement for them.

0 votes
Andy Heinzer Atlassian Team Oct 17, 2017

Hi Christopher,

At the moment it does not appear that you can alter the quick filter functionality and still maintain the new Jira UI.  However there is still the ability to revert the entire UI to use the older layout.   You can disable the new UI by:

1. Select Jira home. If collapsed, expand the sidebar.
  2. Under NEW Jira EXPERIENCE, select Turn off for now. Optionally, provide some feedback about your experience.

If you choose to do this, I would encourage you to leave feedback as to why you are switching back.  This feedback is useful for our team to collect and understand what users find both good and bad about this new interface.

Regards,
Andy

Hi Andy! 

Is this still the case? Can I expand quick filters permanently for my board? Trying to find a way to configure filters in a better way.

Many thanks,

Tamara

I just released an Chrome extension that just clicks on the quick filters dropdown so it´s always expanded: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/jira-always-show-quick-fi/cgiohdbbiljoommehjjnfnlmakhopbhg :)

0 votes

Make sure there are less than 30 items in the list of quick filters and you will see all of them expanded as before. 

If there are more than 30 quick filters, it will come up as a drop down only.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you