How do we edit rank directly in the issue instead of using greenhopper?

I used to be able edit rank directly in the issue. But, even though I have rank and global rank as fields on the edit screen, I cannot edit either.

It seems I have to go through several steps to get into greenhopper and then use the agile boards to move them around to change rank. When they are in different versions, that's much more difficult because then I need to create a filter to apply to see those items in one list for ranking.

What is a better way for us to modify ranking?

2 answers

1 accepted

Kalynn,

What version of Greenhopper are you currently using? In GH 5.8 users no longer have the ability to edit Rank fields on the JIRA 'View Issue' page. The only way that 'Rank' fields can be changed is by drag-and-drop ranking on one of GreenHopper's boards. This change is a result of the switch to global ranking which means that ranking is no longer confined to just one project, so any changes to ranking of individual issues need to take account of the backlog (possibly multi-project) being viewed.

Rachel

We are an OnDemand user and have the most current version.

That's too bad since it requires so much more process/clicks to just rank an item. It seems that it could still be editable because you are ranking it in reference to others.

Let us see the issues/projects we do have permissions for at least.

Vote here:

GHS-3967 Open Open Global Rank should be Editable from Edit Issue screen

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,789 views 11 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot