How do i remove a customer in Jira Service Desk ?

I have a list of customers that i can add them to create requests via JIRA Service Desk . But i do not get an option to remove any . Could you please assist ?

7 answers

Here's a way I found (we are using Jira Service Desk Cloud):

Put your mouse on the customer's description in the Customers view of JIRA Service Desk.

Wait for the popup to appear, go to the More menu on the right and select Administer User

The URL that you're redirect to is : https://xxx.atlassian.net/admin/users/view?username=(email)

There you'll be able to delete the user.

Thank you for this answer! It was driving me crazy as a developer used a company wide DL for his email. 

This is not as obvious as you would think it would be. Thanks for this!

Hi Rajdeep,

This can be a little tricky. You won't be able to delete a customer if s/he has already created content on JIRA Service Desk. Though, if this user is there and has never used JSD, you will be able to delete her/him via Cog Icon > User Management. smile

Please let us know if this helps you.

Cheers!

@Elisa Diel [Atlassian] Hi Elisa. Sorry to interrupt you again with the same request but i didn't quite understand your response. I have setup some users in the test phase, which has now finished and i want to take the Portal "live" now. Beforehand i have deleted all support requests that i made during the test. So there are no requests inside my SreviceDesk portal. 

I have selected the option that only users which are setup by JIRA Admins (me) may login and raise requests. I would like to "clean up" the current costumer list. How can i delete them? 

Thanks,
Georgij 

Thanks Elisa .

I believe i have the information required for now . 

This is unacceptable. How do you delete customers today?

@HL Arledge, you can remove them through Cog Icon > User Management.

Look for Resticted Portal. Your customers will be listed there.

Hi everybody,

I have set that anyone can sign up for JIRA service desk.

Now I want to clean out the ones that do not need an account and fix the setting for signing up.

How can I delete now the not wanted customers?

with kind regards

Markus

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,203 views 13 19
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot