How do i remove a customer in Jira Service Desk ?

I have a list of customers that i can add them to create requests via JIRA Service Desk . But i do not get an option to remove any . Could you please assist ?

11 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Here's a way I found (we are using Jira Service Desk Cloud):

Put your mouse on the customer's description in the Customers view of JIRA Service Desk.

Wait for the popup to appear, go to the More menu on the right and select Administer User

The URL that you're redirect to is : https://xxx.atlassian.net/admin/users/view?username=(email)

There you'll be able to delete the user.

Thank you for this answer! It was driving me crazy as a developer used a company wide DL for his email. 

This is not as obvious as you would think it would be. Thanks for this!

Nope, that seems to be for a user, not for a customer. At least I get a message saying, that the user does not exit.

@Elisa Diel [Atlassian] Hi Elisa. Sorry to interrupt you again with the same request but i didn't quite understand your response. I have setup some users in the test phase, which has now finished and i want to take the Portal "live" now. Beforehand i have deleted all support requests that i made during the test. So there are no requests inside my SreviceDesk portal. 

I have selected the option that only users which are setup by JIRA Admins (me) may login and raise requests. I would like to "clean up" the current costumer list. How can i delete them? 

Thanks,
Georgij 

Hi Rajdeep,

This can be a little tricky. You won't be able to delete a customer if s/he has already created content on JIRA Service Desk. Though, if this user is there and has never used JSD, you will be able to delete her/him via Cog Icon > User Management. smile

Please let us know if this helps you.

Cheers!

Thanks Elisa .

I believe i have the information required for now . 

This is unacceptable. How do you delete customers today?

@HL Arledge, you can remove them through Cog Icon > User Management.

Look for Resticted Portal. Your customers will be listed there.

Hi everybody,

I have set that anyone can sign up for JIRA service desk.

Now I want to clean out the ones that do not need an account and fix the setting for signing up.

How can I delete now the not wanted customers?

with kind regards

Markus

Hi everybody,

How to do this but I do not want to delete the user, just remove the access they have as a customer? 

I am a bit disappointed with the UI and how much they charge you with a very unfriendly user interface.

Hi,

In the People section of your project, search the user you want to remove from the project (not from Jira entirely) and remove them. This removes them from the project only. See https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/setting-up-service-desk-users-732528877.html#Settingupservicedeskusers-Removecustomersfromaproject

ss1.PNG

How do I clear all this customers? 

on the page of the screenshot, go to Settings (last option on the left menu) > People. You can remove the users there.

The step-by-step is outlined at https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/setting-up-service-desk-users-732528877.html?_ga=2.22003003.1277652459.1529305058-413787406.1501390305#Settingupservicedeskusers-Removecustomersfromaproject as mentioned in my previous reply.

Regards,

Hi Nabil,

When I follow the step-by-step outline, I saw discrepancy in the people because they are different from my first screenshot. Refer to my attachment ss.PNG

Waiting for your feedback

the People section, there is a search box and role dropdown. Can I know if you have filtered the user you wanted to remove?

The People section shows all users for the project including customer unless they belong to an organization and was added to the project from organization. If that's the case, they would need to be removed from the organization in the Customer list.

When you reach the "administer user" URL using my procedure above

(https://xxx/admin/jira-service-desk/portal-only-customers/view?username=yyy)

there's a "Deactivate" button. I think that's what you're looking for

None of the options are working!

I dont want to delete or deactivate user.

The user is assigned as customer to multiple projects. I want to remove the user from 1 project, while the user should be active and able to access other projects.

Hi there,

Is the user added to an organization or by themselves into the project? If they are added into an organization, remove them from the organization. If they are added directly, remove them from the People section of the project. See [https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/setting-up-service-desk-users-732528877.html#Settingupservicedeskusers-Removecustomersfromaproject|https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/setting-up-service-desk-users-732528877.html#Settingupservicedeskusers-Removecustomersfromaproject

Thank you for the instructions on removing a customer. I thought it was enough, but thiscustomer has called me 3x today to completely remove his Service Desk accessibility. I was able to remove from "People" but his email is still showing under "Customers". I also deleted his ticket.  

Does he still technically have an account? He said he did not create a password.

Thank you in advance. 

dustin.PNG

that also happen to me too and I have hard time finding solution

Hi Colleen,

If your JSD project allows everyone with an account access, it will list the user as a customer as the user exists in Jira. You can completely remove the user from User Management to remove the user entirely.

See permission overview at Set up customer permissions

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted yesterday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

55 views 1 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you