How do i hide a field which is on transaction screen while trasaction of issue

Sachin Dhamale May 18, 2015

I have a one number custom field on transaction screen of issue.

I want to hide and display that custom field at run time base on some condition while transaction of issue from one state to another

So Is it possible trough behaviors?  or some other way for this

1 answer

1 vote
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2015

Hi Sachin,

Why don't you simply create 2 transactions between those states and use the conditions on both to make sure that only one of them is ever displayed?

Best Regards,

Peter

Hi Peter; Thanks for your reply; When I create a issue i filled value to one custom field. so is it possible that base on the value of that custom field select the transaction field. if yes then what will be the script for this and where do i use that script

how do i select transaction screen base on the value of that custom field

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2015

Sachin, Take a look at the possibilities you have with the Script Condition on the Conditions of your transition. Showing or not Showing a screen is not an option as a screen will always be shown when the transition it's linked it is being executed. So your best option is to create 2 transitions (one with screen, one without screen) and use their conditions (with some help from the Script Condition) to show either the first or the second transition. For examples of the script condition I would take a look at the documentation and test it on your test environment. best regards, Peter

Suggest an answer