How do I write a JQL query to find issues that are 7 days away from the begin (date and time)?

We have a training project and want to send an email reminder to student 7 days prior to the start date of their class.

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.
Tarun Sapra Community Champion Nov 07, 2017
duedate > 7d

Will return all the issues wherein the "duedate" or whichever date field you want has a value greater than 7 days from the current day. I.e Event happening after 7 days. 

Tarun Sapra Community Champion Nov 07, 2017

This JQL can be sent as "Subscription" email to students

The field that I have to work with is Begin (Date and Time). I only want issues that have the Begin (Date and Time) exactly 7 days from today.  This query will check every day for issues that meet that criteria.

This is what I tried and it didn't work. I am very new at this :)

453e6f51-161f-46f2-b77a-81fe3050e259.png

You can try JQL

"Begin (Date and Time)" = 7d and project = TR and status = "Scheduled"

This will dynamically add 7 days to the present day. 

This widget could not be displayed.

Hello,

The query would be something like this

duedate = 7d 

Then you can create a filter from the JQL query and make a subscription for the filter. Subscriptions let you send filter results to certain groups of users on schedule. More about subscription you can read here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira064/receiving-search-results-via-email-720416706.html

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted 3 hours ago in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

14 views 0 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you