How do I write a JQL query to find issues that are 7 days away from the begin (date and time)?

Amy Nguyen November 7, 2017

We have a training project and want to send an email reminder to student 7 days prior to the start date of their class.

2 answers

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2017

Hello,

The query would be something like this

duedate = 7d 

Then you can create a filter from the JQL query and make a subscription for the filter. Subscriptions let you send filter results to certain groups of users on schedule. More about subscription you can read here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira064/receiving-search-results-via-email-720416706.html

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 7, 2017
duedate > 7d

Will return all the issues wherein the "duedate" or whichever date field you want has a value greater than 7 days from the current day. I.e Event happening after 7 days. 

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 7, 2017

This JQL can be sent as "Subscription" email to students

Amy Nguyen November 7, 2017

The field that I have to work with is Begin (Date and Time). I only want issues that have the Begin (Date and Time) exactly 7 days from today.  This query will check every day for issues that meet that criteria.

This is what I tried and it didn't work. I am very new at this :)

453e6f51-161f-46f2-b77a-81fe3050e259.png

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 7, 2017

You can try JQL

"Begin (Date and Time)" = 7d and project = TR and status = "Scheduled"

This will dynamically add 7 days to the present day. 

Suggest an answer