I'm new to Jira and probably missing something obvious, but I don't see how to use different workflows on individual issues within a project. For example, I've created different workflows for "Bug" and "New feature" but I only see how to assign a workflow at the project level and when I create a new issue it defaults to the workflow for the project. Thanks for any help.
Follow these steps to use different workflows for different issues in the same project:
In Administration mode
1. Create your new workflow
2. Click workflow schemes
3. Click Add workflow scheme
4. Give it a name and description and click Add
Here's the critical part
5. Click Assign a workflow. Now associate an issue type with a specific workflow. In our case I created a new workflow for Bugs and linked it to the issue type Bug.
6. Continue assigning workflows to issues until you have the workflow scheme you like. Be sure to add a default workflow for "All Unassigned Issue Types".
Another critical part:
To actually use your new workflow scheme, you need to assign it to a project. This is the part conceptually I had trouble with, but as people had told me, it really does provide some interesting flexibility.
7. Select the project you want to use this scheme for.
8. Click "more" in the Workflows section of the summary admin page
9. In the upper right corner there is a drop down labeled "Actions". Click it and select "Use a different scheme"
10. Now select you new workflow scheme and click "Associate"
11. Repeat for all projects you want to use the new workflow scheme.
I have the same problem. It would be great if we can associate each issue type with different workflow and screen. I'm stuck with the same screen theme and workflow scheme associated with 2 different issue types but not able to change. The "Use a different scheme" function can only change the two workflows or screens at the same time. Please help.
I have a related problem. I have created a new workflow and a new issue type. I have switched the project workflow scheme but I notice that in the workflow scheme Unassigned Types is also now set to the new workflow.
My question is what did I do wrong and how can I set Unassigned Types to another workflow ?
Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs
We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.Save your spot