I'm new to Jira and probably missing something obvious, but I don't see how to use different workflows on individual issues within a project. For example, I've created different workflows for "Bug" and "New feature" but I only see how to assign a workflow at the project level and when I create a new issue it defaults to the workflow for the project. Thanks for any help.
Follow these steps to use different workflows for different issues in the same project:
In Administration mode
1. Create your new workflow
2. Click workflow schemes
3. Click Add workflow scheme
4. Give it a name and description and click Add
Here's the critical part
5. Click Assign a workflow. Now associate an issue type with a specific workflow. In our case I created a new workflow for Bugs and linked it to the issue type Bug.
6. Continue assigning workflows to issues until you have the workflow scheme you like. Be sure to add a default workflow for "All Unassigned Issue Types".
Another critical part:
To actually use your new workflow scheme, you need to assign it to a project. This is the part conceptually I had trouble with, but as people had told me, it really does provide some interesting flexibility.
7. Select the project you want to use this scheme for.
8. Click "more" in the Workflows section of the summary admin page
9. In the upper right corner there is a drop down labeled "Actions". Click it and select "Use a different scheme"
10. Now select you new workflow scheme and click "Associate"
11. Repeat for all projects you want to use the new workflow scheme.
I have the same problem. It would be great if we can associate each issue type with different workflow and screen. I'm stuck with the same screen theme and workflow scheme associated with 2 different issue types but not able to change. The "Use a different scheme" function can only change the two workflows or screens at the same time. Please help.
I have a related problem. I have created a new workflow and a new issue type. I have switched the project workflow scheme but I notice that in the workflow scheme Unassigned Types is also now set to the new workflow.
My question is what did I do wrong and how can I set Unassigned Types to another workflow ?
if you want to switch the workflow for a single issue type just to the following
1- go to the project
2- project setting
at the top banner hit the like to workflow schemes
4- hit assign button of the new workflow where you want to move the issue type
5- find the issue type from the list
remember that it will change the workflow of all closed ticket which is previously done with the old workflow
Hello, Community! My name is Gosia and I'm a Product Manager on Jira Server and Data Center here at Atlassian. Since 2002 when we launched our public issue tracker, jira.atlass...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs