How do I upload a png file to the Rich Text Format gadget image editor?

Deleted user April 30, 2019

We would like to add a png file to a Rich Text Format gadget on our dashboard.  When you click the image button on the RTF gadget, you get a dialog for Insert/Edit Image with a Source field.  I have a local file that I want to upload for this field, but I don't see the ability to provide the file name for this field. 

1 answer

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 1, 2019

Hi Karen,

The Atlassian Labs gadget Rich Text Gadget for Jira, can only server images hosed from the web address, and cannot upload load local files.

To get an image you have locally posted to the gadget an option you can use is to upload the desired image to a Jira issue or Confluence page then use the images URL from the uploaded location on your site to display in the gadget.

Regards,
Earl

john.thompson November 12, 2020

Please describe how I get eh image URL once it is uploaded/attached.

Like Naama Betzalel likes this
Nicolas Bernard-Thomassin April 28, 2021

Earl McCutcheon's solution used to work fine but since at least the end of 2020, even with an image I take from an issue in my own JIRA, it does not work. Ever. I always get the same error : where link with ''blob'' does not work.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events