• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do I upload a png file to the Rich Text Format gadget image editor?

We would like to add a png file to a Rich Text Format gadget on our dashboard.  When you click the image button on the RTF gadget, you get a dialog for Insert/Edit Image with a Source field.  I have a local file that I want to upload for this field, but I don't see the ability to provide the file name for this field. 

1 answer

0 votes

Hi Karen,

The Atlassian Labs gadget Rich Text Gadget for Jira, can only server images hosed from the web address, and cannot upload load local files.

To get an image you have locally posted to the gadget an option you can use is to upload the desired image to a Jira issue or Confluence page then use the images URL from the uploaded location on your site to display in the gadget.

Regards,
Earl

Please describe how I get eh image URL once it is uploaded/attached.

Like Naama Betzalel likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you