How do I switch my jira cloud homepage to my most recent dashboard?

Henrik Storck November 12, 2020

In my workplace cloud jira, I have the ability to set my homepage to my most recent dashboard by going to the "Your work" tab, clicking the button with the three dots and selecting "Switch my homepage back to Dashboards".

Recently I setup a jira cloud for private stuff and notices that when i try to select the same option, the button only switches between "Switch my homepage back to projects" and "Switch this page to your homepage". This means I can only choose "Your work" or "Browse Projects" as my homepage.

Which setting do I need to adjust to choose Dashboards as my jira homepage?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2020

Hi @Henrik Storck 

Do you have dashboards set up on your private Jira?

Yes, I created a new dashboard

image.png

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2020

Hi

Take a look at this link on changing your landing product:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/set-your-site-homepage-873871363.html

That should talk you through what's needed.

Hi @Liam Green 

Thanks for the tip, but the mentioned article only shows how to switch the default product when logging in, i.e. Jira or Confluence.

Its doesn't allow me to set the initial page when Jira itself is opened, which is what im trying to achive.

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 12, 2020

Hi @Henrik Storck 

Apologies, I hadn't read the article fully!

I've since done some more digging and according to a response on this question, projects is the current other option for homepages.  I'm guessing your work instance was created before the change

Jira has a feature request that you can vote on and follow to allow greater flexibility.

As a work around, you could bookmark your dashboard.  When I click on my 'service desk' bookmark it takes me to one of my queues as I use that most.

Sorry I couldn't solve the issue, but at least we got to the bottom of why it is happening

Like Henrik Storck likes this

That's unfortunate 😕

Thank you for your help though, @Liam Green !

I guess the bookmark will have to do for now 😜

Like Liam Green likes this
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 12, 2020

You're welcome...one of many quirks of Jira!  At least this one has a semi-acceptable workaround though

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events