Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do I stop watching all issues in a project?

I used to work on a particular project but I no longer do. How do I stop watching ALL the issues in that project?

2 answers

1 accepted

19 votes
Answer accepted

Click on the “profile” icon button on top right of nav bar and navigate to “Issue Navigator”:

Type the following into the search bar in Issue Navigator:    project = "???????" AND watcher = currentUser() and hit enter. Replace ?????? with your project name

Then choose the “Tools” button on the top right and select “All 124 issues”

Then click the check box next to “Summary” to select all issues and then press “Next”

Then select “Stop watching issues” and hit next.

Viola! 😊

Thanks for this. Truly works. Luckily I had that level of access.

Like # people like this

Thank you so much for the advice!

For anyone reading this issue now. It looks like they have slightly changed how you can achieve this, from the search box in top right of the navbar, you want to click on advanced issue search then click the text next to the search button that says "Switch to JQL". You are then able to run the search as described above.

Like # people like this

Very handy. I'm in the same situation, @Daniela Boninelli . I just used this procedure to unwatch 58 issues at once. Thanks for posting this. 

Hi @Daniela Boninelli,

You can achieve this using bulk transition.

If you have "bulk edit" permission (it's a global permission), then you can run a filter for "project = X" (or even "I am a watcher" or whatever else), bulk edit the results and remove yourself as a watcher from everything.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracoreserver073/editing-multiple-issues-at-the-same-time-861257342.html?_ga=2.188536360.1874348078.1549959894-326237248.1549959894

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Is-it-possible-to-unwatch-all-issues-in-a-jira-project/qaq-p/220221

Thank you very much for your prompt answer.

This should  work for existing issues but how do I not become a watcher for any future issues on a project

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you