How do I stop watching all issues in a project?

Daniela Boninelli February 14, 2019

I used to work on a particular project but I no longer do. How do I stop watching ALL the issues in that project?

2 answers

1 accepted

37 votes
Answer accepted

Click on the “profile” icon button on top right of nav bar and navigate to “Issue Navigator”:

Type the following into the search bar in Issue Navigator:    project = "???????" AND watcher = currentUser() and hit enter. Replace ?????? with your project name

Then choose the “Tools” button on the top right and select “All 124 issues”

Then click the check box next to “Summary” to select all issues and then press “Next”

Then select “Stop watching issues” and hit next.

Viola! 😊

Kimemia Mukabi May 8, 2020

Thanks for this. Truly works. Luckily I had that level of access.

Like # people like this
Dmitry Demidov February 11, 2021

Thank you so much for the advice!

hstirton August 3, 2021

For anyone reading this issue now. It looks like they have slightly changed how you can achieve this, from the search box in top right of the navbar, you want to click on advanced issue search then click the text next to the search button that says "Switch to JQL". You are then able to run the search as described above.

Like # people like this
Mark Mulik September 21, 2021

Very handy. I'm in the same situation, @Daniela Boninelli . I just used this procedure to unwatch 58 issues at once. Thanks for posting this. 

Russell Graham March 28, 2023

To add on for those finding this now, instead of the Tools option mentioned before, you can click the "..." menu button in the top-right and select the Bulk Change... option.

The Stop Watching Issues option will only remove yourself as a watcher; other watchers are unaffected.

Like # people like this
1 vote
Sreenivasaraju P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2019

Hi @Daniela Boninelli,

You can achieve this using bulk transition.

If you have "bulk edit" permission (it's a global permission), then you can run a filter for "project = X" (or even "I am a watcher" or whatever else), bulk edit the results and remove yourself as a watcher from everything.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracoreserver073/editing-multiple-issues-at-the-same-time-861257342.html?_ga=2.188536360.1874348078.1549959894-326237248.1549959894

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Is-it-possible-to-unwatch-all-issues-in-a-jira-project/qaq-p/220221

Thank you very much for your prompt answer.

gailen collins March 10, 2021

This should  work for existing issues but how do I not become a watcher for any future issues on a project

Like # people like this
Robert Kirkman August 23, 2022

how is this done in the Cloud version of JIRA?

Suggest an answer