It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is it possible to unwatch all issues in a jira project?

Mikael Juellund Feb 12, 2015

A colleague is no longer involved in a project but gets spammed everytime there is a update on a issue he is watching. In relation to this I wan't to know if there is a way to unwatch all issues at one time instead of unwatching every issue manually? Or is there another function that can stop updates?

Best regards

Mikael 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough [Adaptavist] Community Leader Feb 12, 2015

If your user has "bulk edit" permission (it's a global permission), then you can run a filter for "project = X" (or even "I am a watcher" or whatever else), bulk edit the results and remove yourself as a watcher from everything.

Amber B Sep 03, 2015

What if after leaving the team, the user is de-permissioned from bulk edits, or it's inappropriate to ask them to do this? Bulk unwatch should be an admin feature.

Nic Brough [Adaptavist] Community Leader Sep 03, 2015

I wouldn't say quite that - I'd say bulk unwatch should *also* be available so an admin can perform it for someone if necessary. I'd raise that as an improvement at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/jra

Was this created. This feature is still not available right?

Like Felipe Rodrigues likes this

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Software

Demo Den Ep. 5: Meet Jira Mobile

See how to use Jira on the go! Demo Den Episode 5 is here: meet Jira Mobile with  Jira  Product Manager Rayen Magpantay.  Demo Den is in our monthly series where a Jira PM demonstrates...

437 views 1 10
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you