Is it possible to unwatch all issues in a jira project?

A colleague is no longer involved in a project but gets spammed everytime there is a update on a issue he is watching. In relation to this I wan't to know if there is a way to unwatch all issues at one time instead of unwatching every issue manually? Or is there another function that can stop updates?

Best regards

Mikael 

1 answer

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
1 vote

If your user has "bulk edit" permission (it's a global permission), then you can run a filter for "project = X" (or even "I am a watcher" or whatever else), bulk edit the results and remove yourself as a watcher from everything.

What if after leaving the team, the user is de-permissioned from bulk edits, or it's inappropriate to ask them to do this? Bulk unwatch should be an admin feature.

I wouldn't say quite that - I'd say bulk unwatch should *also* be available so an admin can perform it for someone if necessary. I'd raise that as an improvement at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/jra

Was this created. This feature is still not available right?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

26,110 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you