How do I stop Google from indexing JIRA work tickets?

Alexander Rodriguez July 24, 2014

Hello All:

I am the SEO manager for my company and have discovered that our JIRA tickets are being indexed on the SERPS, is it possible to have these work tickets deindexed? Possibly No Index, no follow from a root level? Any help will greatly be appriciated.

I have also attached a screen shot of the SERP result.

Looking for any insight in this matter.

Thanks - Alex

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexander Rodriguez July 30, 2014

Hey Pedro,

Thanks for Answer... a member from the support team reached out to me and is advising to use Google's URL removal tool to remove the indexed pages.

To completely remove an entire page from Google search results:

1. On the Webmaster Tools home page, click the site you want.
  2. On the Dashboard, click Google Index on the left-hand menu.
  3. Click Remove URLs.
  4. Click New removal request.
  5. Type the URL of the page you want removed from search results (not the Google search results URL or cached page URL), and then click Continue. How to find the right URL. The URL is case-sensitive—use exactly the same characters and capitalization that the site uses.
  6. Click Yes, remove this page.
  7. Click Submit Request.

Honestly, I dont think this is the most efficitent way, but I will give it a try.

Thanks for help! =)

Alex

0 votes
Pedro Cora
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 25, 2014

Hi Alexander,

The best way to achieve that would be to make sure the Permission Scheme associated with your projects does not allow anyone to view the issues. You can edit the Permission Scheme and make sure there are no permissions set with Anyone.

:)

Suggest an answer