How do I select and move multiple issues on the Jira Agile Plan page

I've set up a series of sprints and want to move multiple issues from the backlog into each sprint.  Currently I can only do that by dragging and dropping 1 at a time.

As our backlog gets bigger this will become time consuming.  Is there a way to select multiple (eg: Shift+Click or Selection Box) then move all selected issues into a sprint?

2 answers

1 accepted

6 votes

Shift-click and Ctrl-click work as you would expect them to for selecting multiple items.  Click an issue.  Then hold shift and click one several rows above or below it, and you'll be able to drag the whole block into (or out of) a sprint.  Hold ctrl-click to select several items that are not batched together.

Ah I see, that works as you say Nic, thank you!

I used to be able to do that exact same thing without a problem. Now it doesn't allow me to select any more than just the one item even while holding down either shift or ctrl. I can't figure out why. It's frustrating. Any suggestions?

Aaron,

I thought I was having the same problem (that how I found this question) but then I discovered that issues were in fact selected. The problem was the selected color is just incredibly similar to the unselected color. But if I try to drag them, it shows the selected issues count.

I found this issue while looking for ways to move multiple issues to different statuses in a Kanban board.

In 7.5.0 (Server version), I can select multiple issues in a Kanban board as @Nic Brough [Adaptavist] suggests, but I cannot move them to a different column. (I created a plain-vanilla Kanban project with the standard, Simplified Workflow, where every column is mapped to exactly one workflow status.)

According to this page, moving multiple issues in one go, is not supported. Check out Item (2), third bullet, where it says: "It is not possible to transition multiple issues by dragging them to another column."

Looks like this is supported on JIRA Cloud, but not JIRA Server.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-9581

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,111 views 13 19
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot