How do I rename the 'Summary' field

Hugo Molloy December 12, 2018

Hi,

I am using JIRA  7.12.3, is there an easy way to change the Summary field name? Alternatively, can I remove it and add a custom field in its place?

Thanks

3 answers

2 votes
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 12, 2018

Hi Hugh 

The Summary field is one of the standard fields in Jira and whilst there are third party tools that can change the way Summary is displayed (including JSD) any such change should be treated with caution as this can lead to unexpected side effects. 

Phill

2 votes
Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 12, 2018

Hello Hugh,

You can't change the name of the Summary field unless you use scripting. You can use Script Runner Plugin (Behaviors) and type some script to change it.

And, you can't remove the Summary field.

Best

0 votes
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2018

Suggest an answer