How do I remove the "comment" field from issue resolved screen

SARAVANAKUMAR March 7, 2019

Using JIRA CLOUD

I created a Issue resolved screen that will be displayed when a user closed an issue. I would like this screen to remove comment field. By default a comment field is on the screen and I can't figure out how to remove that comment field from screen.Please suggest some way to configure this.

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2019

You can do it, but it's torturous, has side-effects and hence might not do what you want.

If you edit the workflow, and look at the step the transition goes from, there is an area for "workflow properties".  You can add a property that blocks the permission to comment.  This will stop the comment box appearing on all transitions out of that step, and also remove the comment option from the issue view (that's the side-effect you might not want)

Arvind Pal November 12, 2021

Hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- ,

Can you let us know how to add a property that blocks the permission to comment?

Thanks in advance

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 12, 2021

See https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/use-workflow-properties/

You're probably looking for jira.permission.comment

Arvind Pal November 14, 2021

I am unable to see jira.permission.comment in the given link. 

Thanks,

ARvind

Arvind Pal November 15, 2021

We have added following

Property Key                                                                                      Property Value

jira.permission.comment                                                                       denied

But that didn't helped. Can you advise here.

Thanks,

Arvind

Arvind Pal November 17, 2021

I have added comment validator for transition that made comment field mandatory for issue resolve screen 

Przemysław Łyszkowicz April 27, 2023

something like that in status properties: jira.permission.comment.denied

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 7, 2019

You can't out of the box. There may be a plugin, but I'm not aware of one. 

Suggest an answer