How do I remove an issue type from a project, but not lose history?

Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2013

I know how to create and manage issue type schemes. However, we no longer want our users to utilize an issue type going forward, but don't want to lose history. If the new scheme doesn't have the issue type, then I have to migrate history to a new type, which I don't want to use.

I also don't want to customize the configuration of the type because then it becomes a maintenance headache when a new project is added. I have to remember which issue types are now not global.

Any ideas?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2013

Hi Karie,

You will have to migrate the issues belonging to the issue type you no longer want to use to another project for archiving.

Your other option would be to do something with javascript or see if the behaviors plugin by Jamie Echlin can help you out.

Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 2, 2013

Just found that Nic and Renjith have provided the same answer at

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/72546/how-to-remove-certain-issue-type-from-showing-in-create-issue

There is also an answer here with some javascript that can be of some help to you

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/159034/hide-issue-type

Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 2, 2013

I guess I'll archive to another project. My concern with the behaviors plugin is that there appear to be too many critical issues right now for me to use - especially with indexing and not displaying values correctly or working as intended.

Suggest an answer