how to remove certain issue type from showing in create issue

CCP TechOps July 26, 2012

Hi

How to remove certain issue types from begin shown in create issue,

There are 100 of issues with this issue types, we dont want to migrate issue with this issue type to other issue type, but just want to disable certain issue type showing in create issue

Jira version 4.4.4

Thanks

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ian D July 25, 2013
0 votes
CCP TechOps August 9, 2013

Thanks all I was able to do that using Lan D link ablove.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2012

Or migrate all the issues belonging to those issues to another project for archiving.

0 votes
RianA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2012

Hi,

You can restrict which issue types to be shown in each project using Issue Type Scheme.

Cheers,

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2012

I suspect they're actually asking to remove issue types from the create list, but not the project. Similar to the age-old "I don't want group X to raise issue type Y in project Z" (in this case, you'd put "jira users" as Group X)

This isn't supported in Jira. Issue types are either available, or they're not in the project at all and you need to migrate any you want to remove.

I think you can do things with javascript or the behaviours plugin, which remove options, but I've not tried it in recent versions of Jira

Suggest an answer