How do I prevent users creating a board?

I'm about to upgrade from JIRA to JIRA Software. We don't currently use JIRA Agile, but need JIRA Software for source code integration.

Is there a way to prevent users from creating new Scrum and Kanban boards, at least temporarily while we play with the new functions JIRA Software gives us?

I've read that I can take away "Create Shared Objects" permission, but that seems to just stop newly created boards from being visible to anyone else, rather than preventing the ability to create them in the first place. Plus it stops users from creating shared filters.

Do I have any options other than a "please don't touch that button" email?

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

I guess no direct way to turn it off, no native feature in JIRA Agile/Software.

Information is key so I suggest inform them to stop creating boards for the meantime while you are still evaluating the feature. You can also add a nastygram saying "all boards created will be deleted without notice". 

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted 8 hours ago in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

22 views 0 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you