It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do I move a bug/story between boards?

Fatima Shivji Jan 19, 2017

I need to move a bug between boards on same project. How do I go about doing this ?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough [Adaptavist] Community Leader Jan 19, 2017

You don't.

Boards are not containers for issues, projects are.  A board is a view of a set of issues you choose to include.  The board filter defines what is on it. 

It can look like a "move" if you have boards with contrary filters - for example, if you have board 1 with a filter of "issue type = bug" and board 2 with a filter of "issue type != bug", then an issue will appear to "move from one board to another" if you change it's issue type from bug to others, or back in the other direction.

But the issue is not moving.  You're just changing the data that lets the board select it.

Have a look at the two board's filters to see what you need to change to get it to appear on one board and vanish from another.

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Try Jira Cloud for Outlook: Organize your work without leaving your inbox

Hi Atlassian community, My name is Max and I work on the product integration team at Atlassian. I am pleased to announce the early access program for the Jira Cloud add-in for Outlook. This add-in...

2,448 views 6 15
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you