How do I group users / assignees on a Dashboard by team, group or company / organization ?

Michael Green May 10, 2022

Hi,

I have users/assignees in a project that come from multiple companies/organizations/Teams. 

How do I group them by company / organization / team in charts e.g. a Pie Chart

Jira has no way of specifying the team, group or company that a particular user/assignee belongs to :( :(

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2022

This depends entirely on what your report is for.  Pie charts for example group by an issue field, not a users group, that's what they are built for.

What are you trying to report on here?

Michael Green May 11, 2022

As i said in the post :

"I have users/assignees in a project that come from multiple companies/organizations/Teams. 

How do I group them by company / organization / team in charts "

so obviously I want to show issues grouped by company, organisation or team.....

and Teams doesn't seem to be something Jira does at all...... i.e. the User object has NO team, department or organisation attributes that can be used :(

0 votes
Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 18, 2022

Hi @Michael Green,

I am Marlene from codefortynine.

With our app Quick Filters for Jira Dashboards you can create advanced JQL filters, that enables you to filter "Quick Gadgets" on your dashboard for e.g. Teams (as you can see in the screenshot below.)

The JQL of the button "Team A" could have the JQL assignee in (Maria, Peter, Karen). But any other JQL is also possible. 

I am afraid that's not 100% what you've been looking for, but if you want to learn more about our app, you can have a look at our public demo dashboards.

There might be also other Marketplace apps, that are interesting for you.

quick-filters-jira-dashboards_advanced-jql-filter.png

Michael Green May 18, 2022

The requirement was to show a pie chart of issues 'by team' ..... not filter down to issues within a specific team.  I need to show for example there are 25 issues assigned to Team A, 10 to Team B, 5 to Team C etc

Like AMS.Asset likes this
Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 12, 2023

Hi @Michael Green,

We've released an update for Quick Filters for Jira Dashboards which enables you to create Pie Charts from custom JQL values.

You have the ability to create a JQL query for each slice of a Pie Chart to specify the issues that should fall under that particular slice.

If you want to create a Pie Chart per teams, you could use the following JQL:

assignee in (Sam, Igor, Janine)

You can read more about the Quick Pie Chart gadget in our documentation.

quick-filters-jira-dashboards_custom-jql-values_pie-chart-gadget.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events