How do I give users access to view a project(s) and the issues within them w/o using a license?

Tyla Willment December 6, 2019

I want to give executive-level users the ability to view a list of specific projects and the issues that exist within them. However, I don't want this "view only" access to count towards one of our user licenses. 

How do I do this? 

1 answer

1 vote
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2019

Hi @Tyla Willment

You can change the permission scheme of these projects so that the "Browse Projects" permission is shared with the group "Public" - this will give any anonymous user access to view that project but it would not be limited. Anyone with access to your Jira's URL would be able to see them. 

If you want to provide permissions to a specific group of logged in users, you'll need to provide them with application access - which would count towards your user licence limit.

There are apps which can share issues outside of your application though - for example External Share might be an option?

Ste

Suggest an answer