How do I give access to tempoEpicIssues to non-developers.

I get the following error message when I try: You must be a Tempo user to use Tempo epic JQL filter.

But if I give the person jira-developer access it works fine.  How do they get access without having to add them to the jira-developer group?

4 answers

Hi Nereida, did you try to create a new group for these users and add it into Tempo Permissions?

Well, there is no Tempo Permission available anymore. At least I do not see it.  I've read it in the doc, but when I do a g + g then start typing Tempo, I only get Tempo Teams and Tempo Roles.  I added the group in as a role, but that doesn't seem to work either. We use the cloud hosted version of JIRA.

In JIRA administration \ add-ons on the left panel, Tempo Permissions

You have to give acces to "Tempo Time tracking" to have access to the filter.

For OnDemand users, portions of the Tempo add-on are already active. By default, as some have already mentioned, the permissions are set to administrator and jira-developers.

You need to temporarily activate the Tempo add-on, then go to Tempo Permissions and add jira-users to the Tempo Time tracking permissions.

After saving the change, you can unsubsribe/disable to Tempo add-on and all users should now see the result of JQL queries using tempoEpicIssues.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 16, 2018 in Jira

Looking for anyone who made the switch to Data Center

The Jira Marketing team is putting together an ebook on migrating to Data Center. We're looking for pro tips on how you staffed your project team and organized your Proof of Concept. Share yo...

83 views 0 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you