How do I get timely suport? We are thinking about using Service Desk.

Craig Thomson April 12, 2016

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2016

Do you mean keeping things responsive for your users because you're using Service Desk, or getting support from Atlassian when you have issues with JIRA?

Support from Atlassian, we need to talk to someone to determine if this product is a good fit for our needs.  

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2016

That's more of a "sales" call, than support.  Atlassian support only really kicks in when you have already bought a product.

On top of that, Atlassian don't really have a sales team that will try the hard sell and tell you that you can do everything you need with JSD.  They tend to rely on partners, experts, word of mouth, user experience and trials.

I'd recommend a mix of:

• a trial (sign up for Cloud for 7 days free)
  • asking here - what are your requirements?  Some people here may be happy to do demos or walkthroughs.
  • skimming atlassian's blogs and videos, google and youtube.

If those don't give you a firm yes or no, then the next step is to ask partners for something a bit more detailed/

Thank you for the help, that is what I will do.

Suggest an answer