How do I find the workflow entry or field layout item mentioned in a JIRA integrity check

Abhi Vaishnav
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2014

I am running the JIRA integrity checker in order to use the Configuration Manager plugin. 

Both the plugins integrity checker and JIRA's integrity checker returns a list of invalid things... 

While the plugin gives an excellent explanation of what's wrong; it only shows one error at a time and re-directs me to run a full system integrity check. 

The full system integrity check takes A LONG time. When I did it through JIRA's internal checker - the server timed out. I tried to do it in sections and some sections do run in a timely manner and show me some errors. However, those errors are not very explanatory. 

I see something like this for example: 

ERROR: The field layout item with id 756674 has a reference to the deleted custom field with id customfield_16550. (JRA-4423)

ERROR: NCD-1196 - The workflow entry with id 323560 has an incorrect state. (JRA-4241)

How do I figure out what field layout item with id 756674 is? How about workflow entry with id 323560? 

The bigger question here I guess is, how did you guys figure out what JIRA's DB schema looks like? I am not doing any development work just troubleshooting and would love to be able to dive into the DB - but I don't know where to start. Any help is appreciated. 

With large JIRA instances, any advice on running integrity checks? Will the plugins integrity checker timeout or can I trust it to complete? 

Thank you, 

1 answer

0 votes
Jaime S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 9, 2014

Hi, Abhi.

I didn’t understand you if you access to the DB. If you do, you should be able to figure out the field layout this way:

select * from fieldlayout where id = 756674;

The workflow is probably trickier, I’m not sure how, but this should help:

select * from workflowschemeentity;

I’m not sure if the ID in this select is the workflow ID, it is most likely the workflow scheme ID. 

I hope it was helpful.

Kind regards.

Jaime Kirch da Silveira.

Daniel Bräutigam December 11, 2017

I used

select * from fieldlayoutitem where fieldidentifier = 'customfield_xxxxxx';

to select the layouts (replace xxxxxx with your id).

Suggest an answer