How do I find issues I have assigned to a specific person?

Jed Stockhausen December 19, 2016

Wanting to search for issues that I have assigned from unassigned issue queue to a specific user. 

In the activity history for example this is displayed as USERXXX changed the Assignee to 'USERYYY' on XXXX-1234 - IssueSummary

Thanks

3 answers

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 19, 2016

I think the others may have read only the title of your question

From the body, I think the clause you need is:

assignee was changed from empty to userYYY by userXXX

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2016

I think this hits the use-case smile – 

assignee = steve AND assignee changed TO steve BY steve

Like Agata.Niehage likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2016

Hmm, not quite, because you've missed out the "from unassigned".   Yours will catch cases where Steve reassigned an issue that Dave previously had as well.

But I see the point, the question doesn't state that piece, although it's human nature to leave it out.  To do it explicitly, it's "I have assigned from unassigned issue queue to a specific user, and that users is the current assignee"

Like Javier Figueroa likes this
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2016

Argh I didn't read his post well enough either. Darn. You're exactly right.

1 vote
Prashant Mali December 19, 2016

Project = Demo Project AND assignee = ABC

1 vote
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 19, 2016

PLease see here - https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracore/blog/2015/07/search-jira-like-a-boss-with-jql

You can easily do this by using JQL - > assignee = USERYYY

and this should give you all the issues for that particular user.

Jed Stockhausen December 19, 2016

Thanks for the reply Tarun, it's not quite what I'm after though. 

Your suggestion shows ALL issues that have ever been assigned to that user. I want to know only issues that I have specifically assigned to that user.

Andrew Chung May 13, 2019

This is interesting. How can I find if a person is slacking off by moving an issue to the next sprint repeatedly?

Suggest an answer