It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do I extract all the story points for an epic (sum up the points from the stories) ?

Hello Atlassian community! 

In order to build a roadmap with the help of excel, I want to extract all the epics from a projet or from an increment (SAFE method) and for each, to display the story points. 

It would be the sum-up of all the story points from the stories associated to each epic.

Any idea? 

Thanks for your help!

2 answers

Hi @Christine Jouandet ,

If you need to handle many issues and like to idea to export to real Excel files, you could also take a look at our app Better Excel Exporter, which can export your issues including story point, or even use a template to create agile reports like this: 

14-jira-agile-epic-pivot-chart.png

Thanks @Levente Szabo -Midori-  ! 

As a workaround, I already use excel, and with a pivot table, I can have the sum-up by epic.

But I would like to have it on JIRA for filter and dasboard,

Thanks for your help !

Christine

0 votes
Jack Community Leader Jun 25, 2019

you can either consider exporting all issues via a filter search and include the story points then use excel to process or consider an addon like Epic Sum Up

Thanks Jack, 

It would be a very good idea, but I have many epics to deal with, 

Do you know if we can display the value in search results and extract it with Epic Sum up ? 

Epic Sum Up doesn't export properly, research before purchasing it. 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

260 views 1 2
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you