How do I export Test Case (bulk and individual) to excel from SuiTest?

I occasionally need to export Acceptance Tests for our customers either in excel or CSV format (they don't have access to our Jira) from SuiTest.  The export must contain at least a minimum of: Summary, Description and the individual steps.  Any ideas?

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

I can see 2 ways you can do this

1) JIRA has feature named "Import from Comma-separated values (CSV)" in the System Admin screen.

2) Create a script that creates tickets in JIRA using its API (I suggest using JIRACLI for this)

Gabrielle, Thank you for your answer but the question is for export (out of Jira) not import.

Oopsy! Sorry for that. Have you tried exporting the issues in the "Search Issues" section? It has an option to Export to Excel.

This widget could not be displayed.

Basically issues can be exported to excel in Issue Navigator. What is missing are steps (Dynamic Table CF Type).

Currently we work on exporter of TCT into CSV (which can be converted to excel). The idea is to easily port TCT repository / issues between JIRAs or backup or to other tool. It will be compatible with exiting TCT CSV importer. It is matter of few weeks we release that feature.

How you could use it? Basically we will not restrict exporter to TCT and allow to export Test Cases (TC) too. So if you have a filter with either TCT or TC issues and steps should be extracted. 

Feel free to create a ticket in our support system intenso.atlassian.net to be informed when feature is ready.

Edited: SuiTest is now called TestFLO

Did you guys finish TCT CSV import/export?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

197 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you