How do I export Test Case (bulk and individual) to excel from SuiTest?

Aaron Infx April 9, 2015

I occasionally need to export Acceptance Tests for our customers either in excel or CSV format (they don't have access to our Jira) from SuiTest.  The export must contain at least a minimum of: Summary, Description and the individual steps.  Any ideas?

2 answers

0 votes
Łukasz_Krupa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2015

Basically issues can be exported to excel in Issue Navigator. What is missing are steps (Dynamic Table CF Type).

Currently we work on exporter of TCT into CSV (which can be converted to excel). The idea is to easily port TCT repository / issues between JIRAs or backup or to other tool. It will be compatible with exiting TCT CSV importer. It is matter of few weeks we release that feature.

How you could use it? Basically we will not restrict exporter to TCT and allow to export Test Cases (TC) too. So if you have a filter with either TCT or TC issues and steps should be extracted. 

Feel free to create a ticket in our support system intenso.atlassian.net to be informed when feature is ready.

Edited: SuiTest is now called TestFLO

T C August 4, 2015

Did you guys finish TCT CSV import/export?

Łukasz_Krupa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2015
Rafal_Niedzialkowski January 7, 2020

Hi Łukasz,

Linked page is unavailable. Any other location where can I find a solution?

BR

Rafal

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 10, 2015

I can see 2 ways you can do this

1) JIRA has feature named "Import from Comma-separated values (CSV)" in the System Admin screen.

2) Create a script that creates tickets in JIRA using its API (I suggest using JIRACLI for this)

Aaron Infx April 10, 2015

Gabrielle, Thank you for your answer but the question is for export (out of Jira) not import.

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 13, 2015

Oopsy! Sorry for that. Have you tried exporting the issues in the "Search Issues" section? It has an option to Export to Excel.

Suggest an answer