How do I disable the automatic parent transition pop-up?

I get a pop-up dialog when completing the last sub-task of a parent, that asks if I want to also transition the parent to the same state. For our organization this is actually creating a bit of confusion. We transition our sub-tasks from "In Progress" to "Done (Close)" but the parent issue should be transitioned through an "In QA" state prior to being closed.

I would like to disable this pop-up, as to prevent users from accidently clicking "OK" and transitioning a parent task or user story to done without being validated by QA first.

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Are you using the https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.innovalog.jmwe.jira-misc-workflow-extensions plugin ? This plugin has the "Transition Parent Issue" post function... perhaps you could simply remove this post function from the workflow?

Not using the Misc Workflow plugin but maybe I need to add a bit more information. The pop-up seems to only happen using the rapid board (work mode) for an agile configured project. I'm attaching a screenshot, so you can see what I'm talking about.

Auto Transition Parent Pop-Up

This widget could not be displayed.

I was able to edit the header.jsp to turn this off see this answer

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

85 views 1 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you