How do I determine what Screens are associated to what projects?

Steve McGrath
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 16, 2019

Ive been trying to understand how to determine what screens are related to what projects from the API.  While this may seem doable from the UI, I've spent many hours scouring the API docs looking for how to programmatically determine all of this in Jira Cloud.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2019

This is not an easy one, the answer is, I am sorry to say, "do a load of legwork"

Jira Cloud (and server) do not yet expose this information over REST.  You have to do it manually, by logging in as an admin and reading the config.

With a question of "what screen for a project", you will need to look at two main things. 

• First, look at the list of screens, and gather any data where a screen says "I am used in workflow X", as well as which scheme a screen is used in.  This leads you to need to look at what workflows are used for each project.
  • Second, look at the "screen scheme" list.  This gives you a list of projects which are using the schemes, and the schemes show you what screens are used.

So, it's a pain, it's a bit of a slog for you, but you do not have much choice.  Open up three browser windows - one for the list of screens, one for looking at workflows, and a third for looking at "issue type screen schemes"

Steve McGrath
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 17, 2019

This saddens me, the lack of APIs to link these things together.  I have config settings in my script to allow folks to pass the relevant screen IDs, however without a hard link I have to do some pretty hacky things to ensure im selecting the right screen.

I'd really prefer to not have to string parse >.<

https://github.com/tenable/integration-jira-cloud/blob/master/tenable_jira/transform.py#L35-L47

Suggest an answer