How do I determine the versions of JIRA and Confluence used by ondemand?

Robert Robert March 23, 2012

How do I determine the versions used by ondemand?

5 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2012

Hi,

If you're already using OnDemand you can get this information from 'Administration' > 'System' > 'Troubleshooting and Support' > 'System Info' (http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Viewing+your+System+Information)

If you're not already using OnDemand then you can view the current version of all the OnDemand apps at http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Atlassian+OnDemand+Application+Versions

Hope that helps?

Andrew.

Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2012

Hi Robert,

Did any of these answers help?

Andrew.

HBIDC March 29, 2020

No! How is it that every answer I get to in the Atlassian community or the support docs doesn't actually exist in my settings or anywhere.

Every single time I navigate to where it says to go, and I don't have the options listed. EVERY SINGLE TIME. I'm the product owner and admin - I should have the options.

I've literally never worked with a product with such awful documentation and support. It is truly mind boggling.

Like # people like this
Andy Riedel April 17, 2020

I'm with you. Most of these comments (which are a horrible excuse for documentation!) are 7-8 years old based on versions of the product that are ancient and completely different from what we are now using.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2020

What do you expect from 8 year old conversations?  In a place where a new release comes out every 3-6 weeks?

To give you a solid answer (for 2020) though - Cloud is on "latest" with at most a 6 week lag - some Cloud installs could be up to 6 weeks out of date and still on "latest -1"

If you're currently on Cloud, forget looking at the version, you can assume "latest" at all times.

Andy Riedel April 17, 2020

I am on cloud but finding documentation of how things work on the cloud product is almost impossible. All Google searches lead to these old conversations. Why doesn't Atlassian archive and remove conversations that are irrelevant?

Andrew Mazzocchi April 17, 2020

What do I expect from an 8-year-old conversation? Nothing - but I can't make comments on their astoundingly crappy documentation so I chose here to voice a criticism.

What else would you expect from a company that provides astoundingly crappy documentation?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2020

Why are you reading a forum as "documentation"?  It's not for documentation, it's for discussion and help.  (Although I would love to have a banner for "old conversation" splatted across the older discussions to discourage people from reading outdated stuff.  I don't want them deleted, I know of sites still using versions of the software that the docs have gone for, and finding old conversations useful)

Have you tried https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud ?

8 votes
Abdoulaye Kindy Diallo
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 23, 2012

JIRA VERSION

System Administration > Administration > Issues > Troubleshooting and Support > System Info. Once you reach there, just search for "Version" or "JIRA INFO"

You could also find it from: <Instance URL>/secure/admin/ViewSystemInfo.jspa

CONFLUENCE VERSION

System Administration > Administration > Wiki > Administration > System Information. Search for "Confluence Version".

A shortcut: <Instance URL>/wiki/admin/systeminfo.action

All the best :)

7 votes
Shaun Lumley February 14, 2016

I noticed version displayed on the bottom of our web page. I didn't have admin privileges to use earlier mentioned methods.

15-02-2016 4-12-08 PM.png

ivangrafutko April 19, 2017

Most helpful by far. Under Settings Gear icon > click Projects.

"Atlassian JIRA Project Management Software (v7.1.9......)"

Like Jacque Young likes this
1 vote
Daniel Tomberlin May 15, 2017
0 votes
jacob delddd July 4, 2018

plugin project > target > jira > home > log >atlassian-jira.log , open the log.

Enverironment: 

Java compability information: jira version = 6.1, java version : 1.8

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 4, 2018

You don't have access to that on Cloud.  Plus, the jira version scheme there is for server.

Cloud abstracts it anyway, and the answer now is "the version mostly doesn't matter, all you need to know is that it is Cloud".  On the rare times it does matter, the problem should have gone to Atlassian support way before you need to worry.

Like brian.desany likes this

Suggest an answer