How do I delete an epic?

Brian Maloney May 13, 2013

I created an epic when I should have created a sprint.

2 answers

1 accepted

8 votes
Answer accepted
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2013

An epic is a normal issue. You could open the issue and delete it (More Actions -> Delete).

Henning

Brian Maloney May 13, 2013

Thanks for the quick reply Henning. Turns out I didn't have access rights -- do now and see the delete option you mention.

Sam Finding December 4, 2014

Thanks Henning - turns out I needed access rights as well.

matt chung September 22, 2015

where are these access rights set?

Amos VanHorn October 27, 2016

Project Settings --> Permissions --> Actions Menu (upper right) --> Edit Permissions

Then click the upper-right "Grant Permission" button.  Choose "show more", select "Single User" and find your username in the user text box above.

Like # people like this
bgbruno July 13, 2017

Hello @Amos VanHorn, thank you for steps, but I don't see what next.

Q can you help?

Screen Shot 2017-07-14 at 1.34.36 AM.jpg

Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2017

To delete issues you need the Delete Issues permission. Select it and add it to your group or project role.

Mark Skidmore October 24, 2018

I created an issue, assigned an unwanted Epic to it, deleted the issue, but the Epic still remains. (Still) missing on how to delete an Epic. Thanks.

Mark Skidmore October 24, 2018

I found it. On the Backlog page with VERSIONS and EPICS displayed, on the EPICS frame, the list of epics is displayed. It's here that you click the drop arrow to the right of the epic name, click "View epic details" and when the new page displays, in the upper-right corner, click on the ellipses then click Delete...

Hasmik November 20, 2018

@Amos VanHorn can I give a epic delete permission to myself or admin should do that?

Like # people like this
Jaylah Cranmo January 25, 2021

so i need help deleting a search on epic 

0 votes
Anatoly Spektor April 20, 2021

It is def not as easy as I thought. 

You need to first use search to find ,it then you need to make sure you have the right permissions (I mean admin permissions). If you are a more visual person, I created a video .

Suggest an answer