How do I customize cloud based JIRA email notifications?

James Crowley October 8, 2015

I would like to customize the subject lines of the notifications sent from cloud JIRA. I may also want to customize the body content. I see that this is possible with JIRA server, but I can't find any information related to the cloud version.

3 answers

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 19, 2015

We have developed a plugin that addresses this problem, Jirassimo notifications for JIRA

You can set up a messenger/email to get custom emails/notifications, with full control over the email body, including custom fields

0 votes
Paula Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 8, 2015

Hi James,

Customization of email content is a Restricted functions in JIRA Cloud. There's a feature request as you can see on JRA-7266. Please feel free to vote and comment on it.

Thanks and regards,
Paula Silveira

Henry Avila July 6, 2020

Thanks for the information.

I vote for this

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 8, 2015

You'd need to edit "code" - text files on the server that format the emails.  This is not available for Cloud users.

So I'm afraid the answer is that you can't do it.

Suggest an answer