How do I create buttons on the Project screen to create issues with specific issue types

We have seen a JIRA system that has buttons in the top right of the Project screen for creating issues with specific issue types, but we have been unable to do it on our JIRA system. An example would be the issue 'Programming Request'. We would like a single button to show up at the top right of the screen once you select a project that users can click on to immediately create an issue using that issue type.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

Thank you very much for you help. I will contact support.

0 votes

That happens automatically on Jira 4 and above - the first couple of issue types in the scheme appear.

What version are you using? (Obviously it's not OnDemand, as that does it)

We are using the OnDemand version and we have created 3 projects with issue types. None of them have any issue types showing up. The only button in the top right is titled Administer Project.

Ah, I'm terribly sorry, it seems I've misled you.

Atlassian appear to have removed that functionality from OnDemand (and Jira 6 in general).

I don't know if there's a hidden flag to re-enable it or something - I'd raise this with Atlassian OnDemand support

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,467 views 15 19
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you