How do I create a single level group by report where I can see the total time logged for each group?

lindsaypeters November 12, 2012

I need a report which shows jiras grouped by a custom field ("client"), where the effort logged for each client is shown and totalled at the end of the group. How do I do this?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Raimonds Simanovskis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2012

Please try eazyBI reports and charts plugin for JIRA. If you client custom field is defined with Select List type then you can import it eazyBI as a separate reporting dimension and then you can create report of "Hours spent" measure by client custom field dimension.

lindsaypeters November 13, 2012

Do you know if this plugin is available for Jira OnDemand? At first glance, it appears not.

Raimonds Simanovskis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2012

If you are using JIRA OnDemand then you can use eazyBI hosted service to import your JIRA data and then create reports and charts in similar way how you can do it in installable eazyBI plugin.

Currently JIRA OnDemand supports just very small set of additional plugins so therefore you will need to use other hosted services that integrate with JIRA using REST API to extend JIRA functionality.

0 votes
Luzia Mendes
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 12, 2012

Are you using any plugin to manage hours logged, like Tempo?

You want to group the issues based on the custom field "client". Where does the "effort logged for each client" comes from?

lindsaypeters November 12, 2012

We are using the Jira Timesheet plugin. It allows you to log time against an issue. Each issue has a custom field "client" which I'm grouping on.

Suggest an answer