How do I create a custom dropdown with values from another field

I would like to create a custom select list where the values come from another field in JIRA. I want to associate records without using the link issue functionality.

For example:

1. I create a story record.

2. I create a test case record and within that record/page I want to have a dropdown where I select the story associated to the test case. The values in the dropdown would come from the list of story records I have entered for the project. Is this possible without creating a custom plugin?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer
Henning Tietgens Community Champion Mar 11, 2013

You can use the nFeed plugin to get the data for a custom field from the Jira database.

Henning

Thanks Henning. I was hoping for something within the tool, I don't think JIRA will do what I want without spending more money, but thanks for the assistance!

Can you explain why you don't want to use issue links? It seems you are trying to do just that - linking a test case with a story.

Because I need to do this for multiple fields where users should have a set list to choose from.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,717 views 17 21
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you