How do I create a classic project for Agile Scrum Master Certification?

Ivelina Vasileva December 30, 2020

I don't have the option to create a classic project, I can only choose next-gen project. But I need classic project as it is part of the assessment for the Scrum Master Certification. I see there is a text displayed: " You don't have permission to create a classic project. Your Jira admin can create one for you." Can you pls give me a link or a contact person who can help me create such project? Thanks!

3 answers

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 31, 2020

Hi @Ivelina Vasileva  -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I am curious: which scrum master certification assessment requires creating a Jira project?  And, who is the vendor requiring this?

Thanks, and best regards,

Bill

Ivelina Vasileva December 31, 2020

Hi @Bill Sheboy .

I am an HPE employee, and the Scrum Master Certification (Agile Scrum Master ASM) was recommended for our team.

The course I followed is on the Simplilearn portal for which we have a subscription. It is a self-learning course and the assessment includes Lessons to be viewed, 1 test to be completed and a Jira project to be submitted.

Regards, Ivelina

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2021

Thanks, for that information, @Ivelina Vasileva   I hope that you find the course helpful.

This is one of the many vendor alternatives to scrum master certification (CSM or PSM), and seems to target project management rather than lean/agile, scrum ideas for team support.

Best regards,

Bill

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 31, 2020

Hi @Ivelina Vasileva

you need to contact your local Jira Administrator. We cannot guess who this could be.
If you do not know the person try to ask a colleague. It must be the one at least who pays for the subscription.

In case it is a company you are working for you also could reach out to IT helpdesk.

The problem itself was perfectly explained by Alexander but we cannot find the person you need to talk to for you.

Regards,
Daniel

Thanks @Daniel Ebers !

I will investigate on my side further.

Regards, Ivelina

0 votes
Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 30, 2020

Hi, @Ivelina Vasileva !

It looks like that your account doesn't have global-administrator permission.

Look through the official documentation about creating and editing projects here.

To create classic projects, you must have the Administer Jira global permissions

Ivelina Vasileva December 30, 2020

Thanks, @Alexander Bondarev 

How do I get these global permissions? Do you know whom should I contact or where can I check my account.

Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 31, 2020

@Ivelina Vasileva ,

You can try using the "Admin Contact Form" (if enabled in your Jira).

Settings => Contact your Jira admin.

Projects_-_Artemis_Software.png

After that, you will be taken to a contact form where you can ask them all questions about the current instance.

Like Ivelina Vasileva likes this

Thanks, @Alexander Bondarev .

I have the Admin Contact Form and yes, I already sent a question to their generic mailbox. Let's see what they will answer.

Regards, Ivelina

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events