How do I change text such as "You can raise a request from the options provided."

Michael Woffenden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2018

We want to change the english texts to different english texts.

For example, from:

• You can raise a request from the options provided.

to:

• You may create a request from the options provided.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 5, 2018

Hi Michael,

You can easily change that by going to the Project Settings -> Portal Settings and change the Introduction text (Optional) to your new text :)

Phil Scott January 5, 2022

I don't seem to be able to edit the Introduction text. I am the JIRA Administrator so not sure why it cannot be edited. Am I missing something?

Michael Woffenden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2022

Hi Phil - Are you on Jira Cloud or Jira Server?

Phil Scott January 6, 2022

Jira Cloud

Michael Woffenden
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 6, 2022

Hey Phil - This is the portal settings page in Cloud and I've marked the area where you should be able to edit. 

1. Are we talking about the same screen?
  2. Can you "click" into the text box?
  3. Is the Save button enabled?

screenshot_5594.png

Phil Scott January 6, 2022

I do not see text boxes where I can edit, nor do I see the save button. This is what I see:

Screenshot 2022-01-07 120632.png

Michael Woffenden
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 7, 2022

Please go to project settings -> people. Do you have the Administrators role?

screenshot_5598.png

Like # people like this
Phil Scott January 9, 2022

ah there you go... that has done it. Being JIRA admin is not enough. Need to be Project Admin too. 

Thanks for your assistance!

Like Michael Woffenden likes this
Michael Woffenden
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 9, 2022

Any time!

Natalia Remizova November 10, 2023

This was also useful for me, thank you both!

Suggest an answer