How do I change User Interface/Background color without Admin rights?

Victor Elias March 3, 2021

Why should I need to bother my Admin just to change the background color?  I want to just change it for ME.  It sounds like if I were to bother him, it would change it for everyone on the team, which would cause controversy!    What a joke! 

4 answers

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 4, 2021

Hello Victor,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

I understand that you would like to change the background color, but currently, dark mode is not available for Jira Cloud. 

There is a feature request suggesting the implementation of such ability:

Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates about the feature.

Depending on what you do on a daily basis in Jira and if you use Mac, as Jack mentioned, you can use the Jira Cloud for Mac app where this option is available. 

Kind regards,
Angélica

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 3, 2021

there are a few, just not associated w/ color schemes. if you happen to use a Mac consider the desktop app which support dark mode.

0 votes
Victor Elias March 3, 2021

I guess no PERSONAL preferences then with Jira.  I can change the theme/background in Visual Studio and every other IDE I use.   My Retinas are getting sunburned by the white background and I don't want to force my preferences on the team!  Oh well I guess I will be  be wearing sunglasses.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 3, 2021

Hi Victor, welcome to the Community. As you pointed out changing the background is a system setting so it indeed changes for everyone. I am not aware of any open suggestion for this but you can have a look at jira.atlassian.com. TBH in all my time in the community I have not seen this requested. Doesn't mean it wouldn't be a nice feature just that it isn't in high demand.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events