How do I assign a specific Customer Request Type to a Service Desk Agent by default?

Deleted user December 8, 2015

Hi there,

Is there any way to automatically assign certain Customer Request Types to a specific Service Desk Agent? There is certainly a use-case in my growing department where:

I would like Service Desk Agent 'John', who is well-versed for the "Customer Request Type" = "Amateur Dramatics Performance" to deliver a 5-minute performance in order to raise morale in the Finance team. I'd like John to be automatically assigned these tickets all the time.

Kind regards, 

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user December 9, 2015

That's much better for us @Matt Doar [ServiceRocket], thank you! I can understand why Issue Types have a lot more support due to their embedded architecture. For Help Desk, the ability to attach a Customer Request Type directly to a Service Desk Agent via hidden components makes much more sense and allows for more precision based on a expertise in the department.

I'd be interested to see how other people do it, though. For example, here are the Issue Types for my department:

Screen Shot 2015-12-10 at 10.32.54.png 

It tends to become muddy because a 'Purchase' will be ordered goods from supplier but also an 'On Loan' item within the department. I think maybe it's due to too few issue types being made, though I always assumed that the less the better...?

Kind regards,
David 

0 votes
Deleted user December 9, 2015

Hi Arthur,

Is it possible by Customer Request Type as per the question?

Kind regards, 

0 votes
Arthur Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 9, 2015

Hi David,

You can use this guide as a reference to manually edit your JIRA SD workflows and then create a post-function that auto-assign specified issue types to pre-defined users.

-- Arthur Gonçalves

MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2015

Or just set a hidden component for that request type and use the component lead as the assignee

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events