How do I assign a specific Customer Request Type to a Service Desk Agent by default?

Hi there,

Is there any way to automatically assign certain Customer Request Types to a specific Service Desk Agent? There is certainly a use-case in my growing department where:

I would like Service Desk Agent 'John', who is well-versed for the "Customer Request Type" = "Amateur Dramatics Performance" to deliver a 5-minute performance in order to raise morale in the Finance team. I'd like John to be automatically assigned these tickets all the time.

Kind regards, 

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

That's much better for us @Matt Doar [ServiceRocket], thank you! I can understand why Issue Types have a lot more support due to their embedded architecture. For Help Desk, the ability to attach a Customer Request Type directly to a Service Desk Agent via hidden components makes much more sense and allows for more precision based on a expertise in the department.

I'd be interested to see how other people do it, though. For example, here are the Issue Types for my department:

Screen Shot 2015-12-10 at 10.32.54.png 

It tends to become muddy because a 'Purchase' will be ordered goods from supplier but also an 'On Loan' item within the department. I think maybe it's due to too few issue types being made, though I always assumed that the less the better...?

Kind regards,
David 

Hi David,

You can use this guide as a reference to manually edit your JIRA SD workflows and then create a post-function that auto-assign specified issue types to pre-defined users.

-- Arthur Gonçalves

Or just set a hidden component for that request type and use the component lead as the assignee

Hi Arthur,

Is it possible by Customer Request Type as per the question?

Kind regards, 

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

175 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you