I can't see option to archive project.

Narotam Gediya March 13, 2019

Hello,

I want to archive few project in JIRA but i can't see such option in JIRA. I also one query about JIRA option that i can view. I can view JIRA Software, Administrator screen. I have below permission. 

Site Admin

-> Has Access on site

-> Jira Software

Groups

administrators
jira-administrators
jira-software-users
site-admins

Please do needful.

Thanks,

Narotam

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 13, 2019

Cloud does not have archiving, only Data Center has it.

For Cloud (and Server), you should set up a permission scheme that allows only the access to an "archived" project (read only, or admins only are the usual two choices), and apply it to each project you want to archive.

Thank you Nic Brough for prompt response. Could you help me to set permission scheme accordingly. I am still beginner in JIRA. I will appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Narotam

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 13, 2019

As an admin, go to Admin -> permission schemes and click "add".  Find the line that says "Browse" and add either "all users" or "jira-administrators" and/or others who might need to see archived projects.  Go into each project that needs to be archived and change the permission scheme to the new one.

Like Matt Sardi likes this

Thank you Nic. I am able to create new permission schema for which i have remove all the permission so that no one can do any activity that project. But still, I can see the projects (that i want to hide) under Home screen (BrowseProject) screen. It should hide over there once i set Hide permission schema. Correct?

Thank you for all your help.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 13, 2019

They should hide when you're looking at the standard project list you see as a normal user (assuming the permission scheme does not include you somehow). 

As an administrator, you will always see the full project list when you go into the list of projects in the admin section.

Suggest an answer