How do I add more fields to the Service Desk Request form

Ashana Hapuarachchi December 1, 2016

Currently, my request form uses field types Summary and Description for Issue title and description.

I wish to add few more Summary fields to capture additional information from the end user such as Customer Name and Reference Number. How can these fields be added?

2 answers

1 accepted

8 votes
Answer accepted
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2016

Hey Ashana, 

To modify the request types you'll have to do a couple of things. The first would be to make sure that you have some custom fields created and availible for your Service Desk (SD) project. To add a custom field, you can follow the documentation here. As you create the custom fields you want on the request types, be sure to add them to the screens for your SD project. 

Once you have the custom fields, go to the administration section for your SD project. Click on "Request Types"->"Edit Fields" for the request type you'd like to add the fields to. From there, in the upper right hand corner there will be a button that says "Add a Field". If you select this, it will provide you with a check list that shows availible fields for the issue type. Simply select the ones you'd like to be on your screen and then click "Apply".

Hope this helps! Let me know if you've got any questions.

Thanks,

Kian 

Cedric Persaud June 6, 2019

how do you add the new field to the right/appropriate screen?

Like # people like this
0 votes
Vladimir Horev _Raley_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2017

Hi Ashana,

If you need dynamic behaviour on your form and custom look-n-feel then have a look at https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.jirassimo.addons.intakeforms/cloud/overview

Best,

Vlad

Suggest an answer