How do I access the Permission Helper?

Joe Murray March 31, 2018

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/using-the-permission-helper-868982879.html suggests a way to get to a permission helper to test what the permissions are for any user. However, running JIRA Cloud version

Jira 2fc2d84d

when I get to the Permission Schemes page there is no link for Permission Helper, and searching for Helper in the browser page returns nothing. How do I access the Permission Helper to see if a report that a user can access a project that they shouldn't have access to is accurate, and that adjustments to the project have successfully removed this inappropriate access?

3 answers

2 votes
patriceharapeti April 23, 2020
  1. Navigate to the Project settings of a project.
  2. On the left hand panel, select Permissions to see the current Permission Scheme of the Project.
  3. Once viewing the permission scheme, you will find the Permission helper button positioned at the top right of the page.
Emelie May 12, 2021

No Permission helper button at all on my screen... 

SteveM June 22, 2021

Emelie, you must be a Jira admin to use the permission helper.

Chris Jones November 10, 2021

thanks SteveM 

Wouldn't it be great if a Project Admin could use these helpers!

1 vote
Andre Untiedt April 8, 2019

Select a project's Project settings, see Summary page.

Select Permissions.  [Permissions helper] button is displayed top right.

1 vote
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2018

You need to open an issue, for which you want to see permissions and then run the Permission Helper from there. Kindly have a look at the screenshot:

Untitled.png

Suggest an answer