How do I Archive a component?

Suzanne Bazarian September 23, 2022

I found this very helpful article on how to archive components in Jira except, when I select More (...) I only see Edit and Delete. Archive is not an option. Please advise.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/archiving-a-component-968669976.html

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2022

Hi @Suzanne Bazarian ,

the provided article is for server/DC Jira. AFAIK this functionality is not available for cloud Jira.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Aaron Geister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2022

Hello @Suzanne Bazarian 

I believe if your looking to archive a component and do not see that option this might be because this is a server function. 

Are you currently in a cloud environment or server and or data center? 

If you don't see the option in server or dc instance this might be because you do not have the permission to do this. 
You can work with your admin to obtain that ability. 

At the top of the article you will see the caption for if this article is Cloud or Data Center. This article is for server, data center 9.2
image.png

Suzanne Bazarian September 23, 2022

Thank you. I found the tix to vote up the functionality for cloud. 

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer