How can you limit the access for the external contractor with granted access to the specific project

Ivan Goranov October 9, 2019

How can you limit the access for the external contractor with granted access to the specific project to only be able to see the rest of the team on this project?

Currently the external contractor have been successfully limited to see the project he is assigned to and the pages created for this project. When he goes to People he unfortunately can see all company personal and not only the team assigned to his project.

1 answer

0 votes
Lady Di
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 9, 2019

HI! You can make an additional jira-simple group (instead jira-users) and add it only to specific permissions schemes. Globally, this group will not have access to any other information in your jira.

eventually:
Contractor - jira-simple
Staffer - jira-users

Thank you for your quick responce.

I don't see this Jira-simple option when I create group.

Can you provide more detailed step by step solution?

Lady Di
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 9, 2019

Просто создай новую группу.

В глобал пермишнс, проверь что она не используется в глобальных права.

Spasibo. Ia sozdal novaia gruppu. ona ne imeet product access . 

I posle proverku shto ia nujna sdelat?

Lady Di
Marketplace Partner
October 9, 2019

I did not know that u have no Cyrillic alphabet, sorry)
1. Now in the permisson scheme of the project (that you want to open to contractors) add this group to the actions that you consider necessary.
2. Create a test user with such a group, try to log in and make sure that he does not see anything superfluous.

Thank you I'll try it and ...fingers crossed 

So ...the issue now... when I am in the permission scheme of the project and I go Edit permissions>Browse project>Edit>pop up opens for this permission to be granted and on Group> I supposed to see the newly created group and it is not there...?

Now any idea why and what do I do/not do properly...??

Lady Di
Marketplace Partner
October 9, 2019

If you had a Jira data center, I would assume that the problem is in index replication, but is that so?)

If you have Jira Cloud, try to wait 5 minutes.

Lady Di
Marketplace Partner
October 9, 2019

Update: I see the tags now.

Lady Di
Marketplace Partner
October 9, 2019

I repeat everything the same on Jira cloud, it works.

img-2019-10-09-18-58-43.png

Suggest an answer