How can we change the name of custom field on View screen?

Nikhil Naoghare June 30, 2011

For example: I have one custom field named "Test", I cannot add same field twice or more on the single screen. What i need is, Test field must be displayed more than two times. So i have added the field say "Test1" and displayed it on screen, but using javascript i have renamed it as "Test". This works on create and edit screen. But when the issue is created there i see the name Test1 instead of Test. SO can anybody help me on achieving this?

Thanks in advance :)

3 answers

0 votes
Michelle Larson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 5, 2016

Can I ask you for the code you sued to change the name on the create and edit screen?

0 votes
Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2011
If you already know how to change the DOM tree write a speakeasy extension. You just need to reference to your JS resource in a scoped-web-reource element described in atlassian-plugin.xml There are examples at https://developer.atlassian.com/display/SPEAK/Speakeasy+Extension+Examples Scoped-web-resource also works in a classical v2 plugin that could be the other choice. You could also pack the other JS code from your field descriptions into this plugin and thus improve maintainability a lot
0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2011

Jira does not support putting a field on screen more than once, which is correct for data entry fields because you should never give a human two entry boxes for the same data item - field entry should be unique.

Could you give us a bit more detail on what you are trying to do, why, and what's going wrong? Screenshots would be handy!

Suggest an answer