How can we Restrict Assignee field based on custom field value ?

Shubham Burghate October 28, 2021

Hello All,

For JSM Project, i have one custom filed[Group] single select list.

For example - Group: FB, Insta, Twitter

There are different portal groups with different request types in that present in single project, so when request gets raised from portal i have set that group field value in background to related group it belongs, say if I'm raising Request in Fb Group the custom field value gets set to FB. Now the request gets also assigned automatically to any member in FB Group created with some members. What we are looking for is to restrict further assignment of this request to be only reassigned to FB Group members only and not to other group members.

If ticket is raised for Insta group only the group members in Insta can be the assignee.

Thanks for reading question, please help us with some idea on it.

Regards,

Shubham

2 answers

0 votes
Vikrant Singh October 29, 2021

Hello @Shubham Burghate

Here's a workaround until I find a proper solution to that, 

• Take away the Assign issues permissions from the logged-in users and leave them to Atlassian-addons-project-access only.
  • Create a new single-user picker field, restrict the drop-down to the relevant groups using the filtering functionality. 
  • Create an automation rule to update the Assignee field based on the new user picker field. 
  • Use the new field to assign the tickets rather default assignee field. 

Trust, It resolves your blocker. 

0 votes
Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 28, 2021

Hi @Shubham Burghate 

I cant think of a way to restrict assignment as being assignable is a project level permission.

Why dont you handle these 3 groups in 3 different JSM projects as the agents are different? That might simplify everything..

Shubham Burghate October 28, 2021

Hi Fazila,

Their are almost 10 Groups and the some agents are common in many groups.

Creation of separate project will not be suite here.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events