How can set project key with combination of "Characters and Numbers"

srinivasan radhakrishnan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 13, 2013

Hi,

In my company they handling more than 500 projects for particular customer, so i need to set Project Key like Cu0001 to Cu0500. But JIRA saying only use upper cases.

How can i achieve this goal in "On demand JIRA"

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 13, 2013

You can't

Jira project keys are kept as upper case, but are case insensitive. Any attempt to use cu, Cu, cU or CU will land you on CU no matter what.

The numbers can be done - see https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRACOM/Configuring+Project+Keys

I'd strongly recommend staying with the basic guidelines though - the first character should be a letter, the rest letters or numbers, and no more than 10 characters.

Edit - Bother! I've just noticed you mentioned "OnDemand". Everything I just said is right, but I don't think you can change the project key string on OnDemand, so you are stuck with letters.

Suggest an answer