How can it tell if I have Jira Server or Data Center installed?

Rob Holmes July 10, 2019

How can it tell if I have Jira Server or Data Center installed? I've used Atlassian services but am not sure what was installed by the downloads. 

3 answers

7 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2019

Hello,

Login to your Jira and have a look at the footer. If you have Jira Data Center installed, then you will see something like this:

v8.0.0#8001-sha1:88eca:node2

If you can see the "node" word, you are on Data Center

Miba August 5, 2021

Hi @Alexey Matveev 

Is this still valid?

I do not have "node" but when I check my System Info and search for Data Center then it is there!

is there another way to be completely sure?

1 vote
stephen_landry April 11, 2023

Just curious. Why doesn't Atlassian clearly identify if you are running Data Center. Does it really need to be this difficult to research if you are running Data Center or not?

0 votes
Rob Holmes July 10, 2019

Thanks Alexey for the fast response.

I guess I don't need to worry about it. I don't have "Jira" as anything I'm aware of or can log into. I received an email from Atlassian about a vulnerability. I'm only aware of Atlassian because something (I don't know what) uses some code or functionality that Atlassian provides. Maybe it's Trello or something like it. Again, I'm not sure. I'm not a programmer, just a web application user. 

Rob Holmes July 10, 2019

I think what I'm looking for is an executable or service on my system that lets me know I have the code. If I don't have the required files then I probably don't need to worry. 

Suggest an answer