How can i include Story Sub-Tasks in the release notes?

Marcus M September 9, 2019

Jira v7.12.1

Hi,

When I have set up a relese I currently see the storys I have tagget to that specific release. OK.

When I go to create a Release Notes document i only get a list of the Storys. What I would like is to also get a list of all the sub tasks to each sotrys that is included in the release.

Is this possible?

1 answer

0 votes
Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2019

Do your sub tasks have "Fix Version" assigned same as the fix version for your story?

If not, you need to assign the same fix version to the sub tasks.

Hi,

I bulk assigned the Fix Version of the release to all subtasks, so now they show up in the release notes, however, they now show up as a list of:

Story:
Story 1
Story 2
etc

Sub-task:
Sub-task 1
Sub-task 2
etc

I would like to see what subtasks are related to what story in the release notes (or if i can get this done via advanced search and export to excel)

If i had a "parent" field in the subtask and this would be the parent Story then it would be solved :)

Any ideas?

Like Ian Everett likes this
Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2019

I guess Jira does not have such a view/ report. You will need addon/ application to achieve this.

One of the addon which can probably fulfill your need is Links Explorer Traceability & Hierarchy. You can create a filter for your release/ version and then create a report for saved filter or create a fixed version report in Links Explorer to achieve the view you want.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211120/links-explorer-traceability-hierarchy?hosting=server&tab=overview

There may be some other similar addons also that can help you with this. Try these addons and these should fulfill your needs.

Would be a nice standard to have a "parent" field, oh well...

thnx!

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer